Saturday, March 14, 2009

Greetings from the Other Half

Howdy. I'm the other half of PLT, Jackie. When Bianca asked me to start this blog with her, I was pumped! I was excited by the idea of a forum focusing on feminism. But, I was also nervous.

Despite always considering myself a feminist, I don't think I really knew what it meant to be a feminist until last year when I became a more avid reader of blogs and news articles about women's issues, and when I joined my campus's Womyn's Equality Club. I was nervous because I felt new to feminism, and I didn't feel completely well-versed in the realm of feminism. But, all the more reason to partake in PLT, right?

In case you wanted to learn a little more about me: I'm a 20 year old gal studying English and Japanese (and maybe Marketing) at Western Michigan University. My interests include photography, writing, and playing video games. I also enjoy baking; one summer, I declared to bake one new goodie a week. But this plan quickly fell through because I hated doing all the dishes.

That's all for now. If you have any questions about PLT or the gals behind it, feel free to drop us a line! The e-mail address is in the sidebar to the right. And keep watching this space!

-Jackie

P.S. Happy Pi Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment